Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sayonara, Leg Cramps!

Remember how I complained in a previous blog about my godawfully painful leg cramps? Well, I haven't had one since then, and that blog was at the end of March. It's now the end of April, so what have I done?

1. I went to Dr. Kim Millman for muscle testing, and she thought it was a potassium deficiency. She suggested I take something from Standard Process called, "Organically Bound Minerals," 1 pill a day. Check, I did that. She also realized, through muscle testing, that I am also short on Folic Acid. That elicited a big HUH? from me because I've been taking my pre-natal vitamins religiously - and isn't Folic Acid one of the biggest ingredients in pre-natal vitamins? I guess it just goes to show that everyone is different, and we need customized solutions for each of us.

2. I started eating a banana each day. Okay, that's a lie. I hate bananas. It is accurate to say I started to eat a banana a day, but then stopped for a week, and then started having half a banana a day, and now just eat a banana whenever I think of it (or when the husband shoves one in my face).

3. I started doing ankle pumps throughout the day, especially before bed. Nothing stressful, I just raise one leg at a time and start rotating it and then pressing down on an imaginary gas pedal a few times each hour.

4. I started using Eminence's new Lychee & Chestnut Leg Firming Treatment! This is a new product from their Immuni-Tea collection, and I have to give it two thumbs up. In fact, I wish I had more thumbs to give. The product has been clinically tested and shown to improve circulation, which I think is my primary issue - the baby puts pressure on the blood returning to my torso, and my legs get tired and sore very easily. After a whole night of lying on them horizontally, no wonder they want to cramp, with or without my permission. But I've felt an immediate effect upon application, kind of a re-invigorated feeling combined with a cool, tingling, soothing feeling.

If you're on my newsletter, stay tuned - I am going to make a special deal available on this product for my newsletter members, and ONLY for them. Membership does have its privileges...;-) If you're not on the Pavia newsletter, then what are you waiting for? Sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment