Saturday, April 10, 2010

Safety First, It's Not Just for Kids!

While I was visiting friends and family in Los Angeles over the Easter weekend, I heard a piece on talk radio which interested me. The radio segment was discussing a recent incident involving children who contracted the measles while traveling with their family in Europe. These children were unvaccinated. The radio show was focusing on the growing number of parents who choose not to vaccinate their children, or not to vaccinate according to the recommended vaccine schedule, and the issues and repercussions surrounding that choice.

I found it very interesting that the show mentioned that the majority of these people who are choosing to go against the grain of recommended vaccinations are not doing so because of lack of education or finances, or because of religious doctrine. The woman from a local health and disease authority who was handling those measles cases stated that a majority of parents who are choosing not to vaccinate are actually highly-educated.

As I have reached an age where many of my close friends (and now my wonderful Sister, as well) are having children and undertaking the colossal task of choosing what is best for their children in every aspect of their new life, I have become more and more aware of the heated debate on vaccine safety. Today I came across a video series in a newsletter from Dr. Joseph Mercola that also focuses on that hot topic. I have always personally enjoyed Dr. Mercola's newsletter for interesting, helpful, and timely articles which seem to present a multi-faceted perspective on their topics. His site is also ranked the number one most-visited natural health site by Alexa.com.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this series of interview videos, and I feel that it gave one of the most comprehensive presentations of the complex core issues at play as more people begin to question the safety of currently available vaccines. These videos also shed some light on potential therapies for the mysterious and very serious health issue of autism. It takes about an hour to view the videos entirely, but I highly recommend them, especially if you are concerned about the health of children, and adults, all over the world. You can watch the videos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment