Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We're Starting Acupuncture at Pavia!

Just yesterday, we announced that we will be starting to offer Acupuncture at Pavia. Anne R. Dugan, a licensed acupuncturist with 22 years of experience, will be joining us on Friday evenings, from 5:30 to 8pm, to perform  acupuncture either with or without needles on clients (YES! SHE CAN DO IT NEEDLE-LESSLY!).

Here is the story of how I met Anne: I walked into the now-out-of-business San Jose Metaphysical Book Shop, and had a reading with an intuitive, Michael Berry. I talked to him about my strong desire to have children (my husband and I have been trying for years now), and he suggested that I contact his former Acupuncture teacher, who practiced out of Sunnyvale. So I called Anne and took her out to lunch, then started to see her privately for "fertility boosts."

Anne has a wonderful, unique energy. She reminds me of an eccentric, loving aunt that you can never wait to visit because she always has a surprise in store for you and because she understands just what you need. We did all kinds of fun things - acupuncture, Korean hand treatments, moxibustion. I was very surprised at just how relaxed I was - I had thought with great trepidation that sticking a bunch of needles in me would cause pain, stress, anguish, etc. But once she put them in me, I was out like a light and always enjoyed so much sleep during the treatments that I was groggy afterwards. So I highly recommend Anne and am super-excited that she is joining us at Pavia. I'm already on her calendar for this Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment