Wednesday, November 11, 2009

BIRTHDAY COMING UP

Well it has been quite a year, and with my birthday coming up on November 13 (Friday the 13th), I am examining the past, present and future. I call it visiting the "basement" or "trap doors" of myself. I do this through meditation, self hypnosis, and following my dreams. My intention is to process the changes since my last birthday. A health issue, relationships going sideways and how I do my work in the world. There is more, but for the sake of the length of this blog post, I will leave it at that.

Basements represent "storing" stuff ... usually a lot of stuff. How often do we really go into a basement and look at everything stored there to determine what you want to keep and what you want to release? The basement holds past and present behaviors, judgments, attitudes, hurts, hopes and dreams not fulfilled, etc. Basements are usually dark places we do not like to go to ... especially if there are scary steps to reach the bottom. Scorpio's love scary steps!!

Trap Doors represent the situations or experiences that come out of the blue. Events that drop the floor out from under you ... are we prepared for these trap door experiences? I actually imagine myself walking on a floor, usually without a rug, and all of a sudden the floor gives way revealing a trap door I did not see. I allow myself to feel the fear of falling, and then once I "land", I face the "unknown" and history that reveals itself within me ....contributing to my unconscious behaviors.

The basement and trap door experiences are to bring the above mentioned information about myself to "conscious awareness". Once this occurs, I can start examining the way to heal, find pattern opportunities, and to be happy and free.

One does not have to wait for their birthday to visit their "basement" and "trap door". Ask yourself, what am I doing to expand awareness and consciousness in my life? So turn on the light to illuminate the way to the basement, and when the trap door opens, enjoy the fall. These are the adventures of finding out what is hidden within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment